Canada continues to attract a steady volume of students from India. While getting admission to Top Universities in Canada continues to require excellent academic score, the permission to study is validated by means of a Study Permit. If you wish to take academic, professional or vocational training at a university, college or any other educational institution in Canada, you will need a study permit before you enter Canada.
Education System in Canada:
- There are universities and community colleges in Canada.
- There are 98 Universities and 150 Community colleges.
- September and January are its main intakes. There is limited May intake as well.
Time Duration of Courses:
- Masters degrees comprise of at least 2 years of full-time studies.
- PG DIPLOMA/ GRADUATE CERTIFICATE Generally, are of 1-year duration and exceptionally of two years as well.
- UNDERGRADUATE Bachelor’s degree consists of four year so full-time study.
Expenses In Canada
STUDENT DIRECT STREAM (SDS): REPLACING SPP
Indian students applying to Canadian universities can now expect a faster visa processing time, thanks to the newly launched student visa program. With effect from June 8, 2018, the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada has launched a new program namely Student Direct Stream (SDS) to make processing times faster for students from India, China, Philippines, and Vietnam. The SDS program is supposedly replacing SPP, the previous student visa program which also facilitated a faster visa process.
- As per the newly introduced SDS program, students must meet a certain set of criteria, stricter than those compared to the erstwhile SPP.
For Indian students, following are the new requirements which must be fulfilled
- Candidates must have scored a minimum IELTS score of 6 bands in each module for both UG & PG courses.
- Students must pay full tuition fees for the first year of study.
- Students must buy a Guaranteed Investment of Certificate (GIC) of $10000.
- Colleges and institutions applied by the students must have a registered Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) number.